- what personal data we collect about you;
- why we collect that personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- why we might contact you and how you can change that;
- where we use your personal data;
- how we keep your personal data secure; and
- the rights you have in relation to your personal data.
Personal data collected by The Expanded Metal Company Limited
We may collect and use the following categories of personal data about you:
Personal data you share with us: When you order from us, either on the website, by telephone, by fax or EDI, when you register for an Expanded Metal Company or ExMesh Security account or when you sign up to our mailing lists, we may ask for (one or more of) your name, email address, invoice address, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, billing address, card, CVC number, the card’s expiry date and a contact phone number for the registered address of the card. During interactions, you may be asked if you would like to provide your name, e-mail address or other contact information.
Personal data we collect about you: We collect some personal data, as well as other information in the form of anonymous or aggregate statistics, when you use our website. We may collect:
- IP address;
- MAC address;
- Other browser-generated information, e.g. browser type, operating system, date and time of access, how long a person looks at a website, what they look at etc; and
- Location information.
- Device information
Personal data we receive from other sources: When you interact with us, or use any of our pages on social media sites, such as LinkedIn and Twitter, we may collect information about you which could include personal data. For example, when you “Like” a post on LinkedIn or “Follow” us on Twitter. Those social media sites will also have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use those social media sites, to make sure that you are happy with them.
Why we collect your personal data
Personal data you share with us: We use the personal data you share with us to:
- provide you with our products and to fulfil orders that you place with us on our website, through our customer service team and EDI.
- create and help you manage your Expanded Metal and / or ExMesh Security account;
- allow you to request a return of your Expanded Metal and / or ExMesh Security product, if you change your mind;
- respond to your questions and requests;
- send you newsletters, updates, promotions, product highlights.
- notify you of other Expanded Metal and / or ExMesh Security products we think you might like based on your previous activity;
- remind you of what you may be missing if you have put items in your “Shopping Bag” on the Website and then abandoned them; and
- send you information on any changes we make to our policies or terms.
Personal data we collect about you: We use the personal data we collect about you to:
- tailor the way that you interact with us in the future, so that we tailor certain communications and also show you certain highlights, products or offers which we think you may be interested in; and
- analyse how our Website/s are used, so that we can constantly improve the services that we offer.
Not all of the information used for these purposes is “personal data”; some of it is anonymised or used on an aggregate basis.
Sharing of personal data: We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- service providers who help us to operate our Website, fulfil your orders and deliver our products to you; for example, credit reference agencies, couriers, payment providers, distributor partners ,IT support and so on.
Some information is collected using cookies and other similar technologies. You can find more information on what cookies and technologies are used, how they are used, and your options for changing how we use them in the section below on “Cookies” and in our Cookies Policy.
If we decide to sell or buy any parts of our business, we may also need to share your personal data with the buyer of those parts of the business. In those circumstances, we will make sure that any new buyer will promptly give you details of how they will use your personal data, and your options for changing that.
Receiving contact from The Expanded Metal Company and changing your contact preferences
From time to time, we may send you aftercare e-mails relating to your Expanded Metal and / or ExMesh Security product. We may also send you e-mails with information in relation to any products which are similar to your Expanded Metal / ExMesh Security product, and which we think you might like. We will also only share your personal data with third parties (including Expanded Metal and Sorst Streckmetall) for them to send you marketing e-mails, if you have agreed that we can. If you have registered for an account with us, and when shopping online,, you have put items in your “Shopping Bag” and then abandoned them, we may send you e-mails to remind you of what you may be missing.
In any case, you can ask us to stop contacting you at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1429 867 388 or by using the unsubscribe option in each e-mail.
Use of personal data by The Expanded Metal Company Limited
Security of personal data
We care about your personal data and know that you trust us to keep it secure. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal data, and review those regularly. Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data on transmission via the internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website/s (for example, for your Expanded Metal / ExMesh Security account), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Personal data and your rights
You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge. You also have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to update, correct or access the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on email@example.com or +44 (0) 1429 867 388.
Third party sites