Job vacancies at The Expanded Metal Company
Join our team!
The Expanded Metal Company is a pioneer in the design and manufacture of expanded metal products.
From our extensive site in the centre of Hartlepool, we supply metal mesh products to customers across the world.
Our company is passionate about product development, and we have a global reputation for the quality of our products.
We’re committed to developing our workforce and we now have a number of new positions available in our team.
There are five full time, permanent machine setters’ roles available and we also have a vacancy for a full-time welder on an initial three-month contract.
What we are looking for…
The suitable candidates must be self-motivated, flexible and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
They must have excellent attention to detail and be able to work to product drawings and quality standards.
Experience of working in a manufacturing environment to tight deadlines, health, safety and environmental awareness and knowledge of manufacturing processes are essential.
FULL TIME POSITIONS
Large Mesh Machine Setter (two positions)
The successful candidates will be responsible for running three machines in our large mesh manufacturing department, as well as other ancillary processes.
Slitting Machine Setter
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating two slitting machines.
Shear Machine Setter
The successful candidate will be responsible for running all of our shear machines, which complement our expanded metal manufacturing operations.
Spiral Tubes Machine Setter
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating our spiral tube manufacturing machines.
Machine Setter responsibilities
- Assisting the manager in the implementation of continuous improvement and scrap reduction throughout the area of their responsibility.
- Maintain and improve the process, VAVE, Quality specification and health & safety within the zone of machines allocated.
- Tool setting and adjustments to ensure production of a product in line with the customer specifications.
- Retention of the machine process, maintaining product quality specification whilst running the machine.
- Participation of multi-skilling in the work area, flexible operator and machine setter.
- Ensure 5S / TPM principles and material flow to the process assigned.
Temporary FULL TIME position – INITIAL three-month contract
The successful candidate will undertake welding work in our security products department.
They will need to be competent in MiG welding high volume, repeat products using jigs.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job specification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0)1429 801 925.
Deadline for applications is March 26, 2021.